Yesterday i noticed a regression in the uu-installer 2.0 which prevented the and from working, this have now been fixed and is now being tested. I will release the new version as soon i get time.

I also went around and updated me OpenSolaris virtual machine to OpenIndiana (continuation of the OpenSolaris Project) and managed to compile QT 4.7 on the first try!, this time as a dynamic library.
I will still keep the static 4.5 version available because it still has its uses.
With OpenIndiana i will be able to provide QT4Solaris as x86 binaries that works for Sun/Oracle Solaris and OpenSolaris/Indiana
hey i forgot to post the links to the precompiled i386/i586 version of QT that i made as a static library for Solaris/OpenSolaris.

here are the links

download both files and extract them to $HOME.install these packages


now to use the framework(compiling only!!!)open a terminal in your project folder (the one containing .pro file)
execute the below commands(replace $HOME/qt-static with the location of the extracted folder):

export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/qt-static/bin