This version(with 4.0.0) includes a ton of changes!
For simplicity i will just stuff the changelog here
- Rewrote the client into an API/Framework
- New Wx based download dialog
- Official support for addons! (still needs a gui for users to add addons to the updater)
- Removed dependency for grep, wget and curl (wget and curl are used as fallbacks only)
- Improved the speed on deleting the maincache on windows
- Changed internal file structure to be more organized
- Legacy scripts for launching parts of the client (ex: rsu-settings) are provided in this version until version 4.0.2 or 4.0.5
- Download progress dialog for windows and mac
- Client launcher now uses the runescape news rssfeed so dependency for libwebkitgtk1 is removed
- Launcher works on Wx2.8 now
- If wxperl is installed, the launcher will start if rsu-query is called without any parameters. If wxperl is not installed, it will start runescape.
- Removed dependency for p7zip/7zip on mac and windows (using native tools instead)
- Improved the look of the updater.
- Fixed memory leak in the client launcher.
- Let addons with info.conf at their root add themself to the updater!
- Add support for using the download gui with wget and curl
- Add support for running the launcher on older versions of perl (proper support for ubuntu10.04+)
- Running for the first time will now automatically download the jagexappletviewer.jar instead of asking you to update.
- Made launcher fetch news and do other time consuming operations in new threads.
- Support for Old School RuneScape
You can get the new version from the PPA, AUR or Universal Archive