With the release of Evolution of Combat, the rsu-client have been updated to version 3.9.4.
This version contains a fix for Windows so that the client will run on Windows again.
Also this version will run RuneScape in Java6 over Java7 on Mac OSX, this fixes the autosetup issue and OpenGL issue on Mac OSX as Java7 for Mac does not have a fully working jawt implementation, which is the library used to access OpenGL.
Also all files related to the Evolution of Combat will be removed in this version and the client will remove the runescap-beta.desktop file and template along with runescape-beta.prm
I hope you all will enjoy the Evolution of Combat along with the fixes mentioned above.
Yesterday the Web Based Logbook project got a new owner and lead developer.
My friend Donald from the ZhyperNetwork is now in charge of the development and have decided to keep the WBL project exclusive to ZhyperNetwork.
That may change in the future...
The latest source have been sent out to all users of WBL before the ownership change, it is up to those users if they want to continue with the opensource project or not.
ZhyperNetwork have been the only sponsor for the WBL project and have supplied me with test servers throughout the development for testing, lets with them good luck with the continual development of the project! :)
Since porting takes time, i decided to give a little sneakpeak on how far the porting have come.
I will tell right away that there is an issue with wxcocoa/wxwidgets2.9 and the calendar in the logviewer on mac, so by default the application will use wxWidgets2.8.12 on mac which uses the Carbon GUI until wxcocoa works with the calendar widget.
You can however force the logbook to use the wxcocoa by editing the logbook-mac, logviewer-mac and settings-mac files and comment out
my $wxversion = "mac_2_8_12";
and then uncomment
my $wxversion = "osx_cocoa_2_9_3";
Enjoy the sneakpeek screenshots below!
NOTE: the carbon gui and cocoa gui requires their own separate modules, you can have both installed at once though! But giving you all a heads up because the carbon and cocoa modules are 50mb - 100mb (depending if i decide to strip the modules for uneccesary files or not which can be tedious)
PS: Due to the requirement of perl mslb will be changed from "small" to "fast". QT is nice and all and i would really prefer to use that but its perl support is lacking (perlQT4 is not documented very well) and C++ is just a pain
It is late but i have now compiled the My Simple Logbook for use on android4.0 and above, this same version works on previous versions too!
The new version comes with compability with the new preset.conf in the upcoming version 2.8 on desktop, however the android version might not get the new features from 2.8
Version 2.7.4 uses Ministro II which is the new version of the QT libraries on android, so please uninstall the old version of Ministro to free up some space!
PS: I have not compiled this version for desktop systems because i am focusing on getting v2.8 ready, you can however compile v2.7.4 yourself without any issues :)
Hey all i just updated the PPA repository with version 3.8.2 of the RSU client!
Whats new in this version is that i fixed the .desktop file with the application menu entry for the
rsu-settings script and since i used such a long time on it i would give ubuntu 10.10(maverick) one last update, that's right! The new and improved rsu-settings gui will be available on maverick!
The rsu-settings client does not support editing the official clients files anymore (the code is still there but you need to change a variable in the souce to enable it but that will in return disable the ability to edit the RSU client files with it).
This new GUI is loaded from xml/xrc rather than being written in raw perl code.
I hope you all will enjoy this final version for ubuntu 10.10!
PS: I have not updated the main .tar.gz archive yet because after my mess up last time i want to give ker laeda a break from my "update spam" for now, but you can still download the main .tar.gz archive from the dropbox link and just run the updater to get to version 3.8.2 :)